Cannot gain Feats.
Choose 1 of 3:
1. Starting favor of 100 with a God of your choice. Roll on the Priest table. If you wish, you may begin as an initiate of a church/cult of your choice
2. Starting favor of 50 with a God of your choice, and you know 1 Spell and 2 Incantations. Roll on the Priest table. If you wish, you may begin as an acolyte of a church/cult of your choice.
2. Starting favor of 25 with a God of your choice, and you know 2 spells and 3 Incantations. Roll on the standard chart of Starting Epithets.
Mystics start with no gold, and no items except simple garb and a walking-stuff or cudgel. The exception are Initiates of a Cult/Church, who begin play with the standard vestments of that faith
THE PERSON of ACTION
Gains +1 to all attacks and damage, and +1 to AC. Starts with one Feat from the list found at my last post.
Roll on the chart of Starting Epithets.
Begins play with 100 Moons or possessions equivalent to that amount.
THE PERSON of LEARNING
A PERSON of LEARNING has a chance of knowing some pertinent facts about any situation. the chance of success depends upon the esotericism of the fact.
"Io is a stern God who seeks to proselytize the land of Kos." - automatic success
"Those creatures are known as Chop-Hawks - they are very aggressive but will not attack outside their territory." - 5 in 6 chance of success
"Amble Edge is ruled by the Axe-Witch who dwells in a ruined oak. Her guardsmen are a troop of 7 elite swordsman led by a veteran named Graysword." - 4 in 6 chance of success
"This scroll is written in the ancient language of the Stone-Folk". - 3 in 6 chance of success
"This scroll written in Stone-Folk and details the legend of Arr the Iron, a silent priest who fought a wolf-like creature in a swamp. It details the location of his tomb." - 2 in 6 chance of success
"Here, let me point out the exact location of the Hidden Tomb of Krynn the Hero on your map." 1 in 6 chance of success
If the information concerns the area in which you grew up/studied, you gain a bonus of
Persons of Learning begin play with 3 random spells and 3 random incantations, in addition to any bonus spells from Magic score.
Do not roll on the Standard List of Starting Epithets; instead, your nickname will simply indicate where you are from. E.g, "Bort of Water-Fall Library", "Bort of Downflow", etc
Persons of Learning begin play with 2d10 Moons or possessions equivalent to that amount, along with simple clothing, a simple weapon of choice, and some writing materials in a haversack or pouch.
They also know 2 Facts of the player's choice. These can be anything - "How do I become immortal?" "What is the exact location of the greatest treasure of Kos?" "What really caused the Great Cataclysm?" "How can I defeat Sheriff Dronlan 3-Swords?"
Barbarian-folk cannot be Persons of Learning.
THE PRIEST TABLE
determine your god, then roll randomly
1. Hermitic Wanderer - sworn to own nothing. protectors and philosophers. Must immediately give away all possessions as soon as they are aquired. In return, respected by Folk everywhere. Wanderers may utter blessings or curses. Able to restore fallen Pukel Poles and control the Pukel Men. Goal: Seek the lost secrets of the God Kos, whom you know you know yet lives, in your heart
2. Drowned One - a priest who has completed the Ritual of True Drowning. Death now holds no fear. Do not need to eat, drink or breathe. Unnerving gaze induces obedience in the tremulous. Respected & feared by Common Folk. Animals tremble at your passing and the creatures of the water - even the mighty Kraken - obey your beck and call. The rivers foam and burst their banks with your wrath. Goal: Restore the lost faith of Kos, cast out the evil of the foreign gods
3. Fig-Drinkler - Priest who specializes in horticulture and fermentation of Figs, the sacred fruit of Kos. Everyone loves a Fig-Drinkler, for their merriment and fine times wherever they go. Goal: None in particular
4. Spring-Step - where you go, things grow. BeLoved as a fertility monk, often indulgent in material pleasures. Known to be excellent travelers. Goal: Bring growth back to Kos - untangle the wildness of the woods, heal the cancerous and corrupted lands, and spread sacred wheat to every corner of the continent
5. Battle Chaplain - often found in attendance with the Red Knights of Kos. Specialists at healing and battle-magic. +1 to attack and +3 to Healing. Roll on the MAN of ACTION starting FEATS. Goal: Stand against the dark things of the world; heal those who fall in the line of duty that they may continue to fight the good fight (eternally, if necessary) .
6. Mender - can mend anything that is broken. Goal: Unite the shattered peoples of Kos, create peace, and install a rightful King on the throne to bring order to the realm. Always help the broken-hearted.
Flagellant - specialists in whips and flails (+1). Inured to pain and bleeding damage. Can see and smell sins and evil creatures. Goal: Purge the world of evil by excising it like a cancer
Watcher - protected by a sacred closed helmet bearing a great eye, they see deceptions while wearing it. specialist in hammers and spears. Goal: Discover the inequities of the world
Templar of the Crusading Flame - the righteous fist of the Church, able to smite Bleed-Throughs and evil-doers. Goal: Bring the cleansing flame to every dark corner of this evil world
Excorcist - specialist trained in removing and fighting ghosts and parasitic Bleed-Throughs. Can make knowledge checks as a PERSON of LEARNING in regards to matters of posession, Bleed-Throughs, etc
(see: Brute from SCRAP PRINCESS)
minor gods include any god from Petty Gods, Barbarian Gods, living demi-gods, any god the player makes up, or a number of sub-cults that are indigenous to Kos
AGNI, FIRE-GOD, RING-GIVER -
AGNI-MAGNI, SUN LORD, HORSE-THANE -
RED LUNAR GODDESS
WAHU, the PEACEFUL BUTCHER
the PALE KING
ANCALAGON, the LIVING LORD of POISON
MAGLUBIYET, the INSANE GOBLIN GOD-KING of the ASH LANDS-by-the-TWISTED RIVER
VESKERILE the USELESS, FACELESS GOD of WRETCHES