in all cases just adjust to roughly align with PC's numbers and skill
- You could prove yourself of great worth by the slaying of beasts. We would appreciate your slaying (or capture) of a colossal werewolf/mutant tiger-dog/mongrelman pack
- Disbanded mercenaries threaten our supplies and breeding adults. Protect us by gathering an altruistic band of misfit soldiers. In return, we will reward you with all the breeding tokens you could ever want.
- A group of predatory White Apes / bandits / disbanded mercenaries / Crocodile Folk demands ransom. Bring them the treasure, or else kill them all, but above all bring us the hostage
- We have a ghost problem. Banish the ghost from a local barn, and we'll reward you with citizenship/foolish footlings longing for a leader/all the fresh food you can eat for 3 days.
- Insane decrepit with claw scars informs you of something stealing bodies from graves... from beneath.
- LAMPREY-BIRDS! RRRRRRRRUN
- Implicit with our hospitality has been the assumption that you will gather a bushel of the Spase Bush / Moon Radishes / Electric Ferrets
- Well, there is one small thing you could do. I need wood, so go beseech some from the Wood-Tribe. You can stack it by the sauna, there.
- Egads! Get these ghastly Wretches from my stoop and back to Wretchtown where they belong, I shan't touch them!
- A cocky Bird-Man mercenary is intentionally starting fights and then claiming the possessions of those he beats. It might be best if you killed him.